- An acrylic denture (plastic).
- A chrome cobalt (crco) denture which consists of acrylic teeth on a light metal base. This type of denture is more secure and less bulky, but also more expensive.
- Valplast dentures.
- Implant dentures. Please see implants section for more details.
- Dentures are custom-made to match your mouth, and are made to look as natural as possible.
- Dentures can improve the way you look, bite and speak.
- The teeth that are left are protected from wear and tear. Without dentures, the natural teeth may move or tilt, stopping your teeth from biting together properly.
Dentures will never feel like your own teeth and it can take time to get used to them. If you haven't had dentures before, your dentist will explain the difficulties of wearing them, as well as the benefits and how you should look after your new dentures and the teeth you have left.